The Alliance range of timber lodges are made by several European manufacturers to exacting standards from solid pine, interlocking logs, so you can enjoy a comfortable environment all year round.
Choose from our set range of buildings or design your own with our bespoke service.
For more information about our products and prices give us a call on 0870 432 7979. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Exceptional quality and durability of log lodges is due to the quality of the logs imported from Scandinavia (humidity contents of app. 15% – 16%), to there own unique profile milling technique and to an original system of corner joinery, so called ob ap z ostatkiem (interlocking notch with extension). To secure an adequate air tightness the horizontal profiles are joint using single tongue-and-grooves (width 28 and 33 mm) and double tongue-and-grooves for other widths i.e. 45, 58, 70, and 94mm
As a whole the log building system guarantees a simple construction as well as excellent static and thermal parameters of the house.
It is important to remember that wood is a natural material of an irregular grain structure which maintains its humidity level depending on the external conditions. Loosing its moisture in the process of drying, either natural or mechanical, may cause logs to check and crack. Such cracks are natural attributes of wood and as such are fully acceptable.
How to Buy a Log Leisure Building
The common way
You choose a standard cabin from a brochure – most cabin suppliers and manufacturers have a range of “standard cabins” in a few “standard sizes” and in 1 log thickness with windows and doors as shown – you may be able to buy additional windows and doors to add them where you really wanted them.
Or the Alliance way
1) size and layout suitable for your space and needs,
2) log thickness – depending on intended use – 28mm is ok for a summer occasional use type or simple storage shed and single glazed, where for all year round use we advise a 45mm log as a minimum thickness with 58mm, 70,, or even 94mm log with double glazed windows and doors as standard
3) decide the style you like, i.e. gable entry, side entry or corner entry,
4) choose whether you want an overhang to the roof in any direction,
Front back or sides,
5) plan your ultimate window and door configuration and sizes you would like,
6) any other requirements – such as storage mezzanines above, internal rooms,
7) with us you also have a choice of roof coverings from top quality felt shingles to Metrotile roofing systems with 40yr guarantee,
8) we also offer pre-painted windows and doors in a choice of colours
9) our fitting service includes, base work and foundations in various forms,
Insulation to roofs and floors – or walls if required, electrics roughed out and all cabling hidden in the walls with sockets and switches recessed for flush fitting,
gutter kits supplied and fitted,
10) Sikkens stains and paints supplied and in some cases we also spray the cabins prior to fitting windows and doors (weather, site and distance permitting) Troll elasticated varnishes for floors and walls
11) provide us with a simple floor plan showing your desired cabin (with sizes please) and indicate where you would l like windows and doors and style – solid door, ½ glass.3/4 glass/ full glass and rough window sizes –